Monday, December 04, 2006

4 New Words

The words for this week are.



Trail
Orange
Mouse
Pencil



Have fun!!! I can't wait to read your stories.

6 comments:

MHanson said...

"Quick, quick, get my pencil." ordered Dale as he kept his eye on the golden-orange hue of the sunset as it sank into the horizon, "I want to draw this scene. It's beautiful."

"I know." acknowledged Sue, as she ruffled through the bag looking for the writing utensil.

They had been on the trail for several weeks together now. They rarely had to speak to one another to know what the other wanted. It was almost like one person inhabiting two bodies.

Dale was getting a little impatient waiting for the pencil. He was squinting his eyes at the scenery like a mouse. He always did this when he was trying to remember every detail so he could capture it on paper in one of his drawings.

The tension faded quickly as Sue handed the pencil to him. After about twenty minutes Dale had another gem to his credit. Sue always loved these moments. She thought, "This is what he was meant to do. If only I had a talent like that."

As if on cue, Dale said, "Honey, could you whip up one of your World-famous meals for us. This artistic work sure does make one hungry."

She smiled. Perhaps she did have a talent after all.

Ali(solation) said...

I wonder who the winner is going to be.

Tonya said...

I don't think I should even try against this one....

MHanson said...

I am going to change my story to the following one:

The orange mouse chewed on a pencil that he found on the trail.

Ali(solation) said...

Hmm how about.

I had this awesome shoe one time it was gray with orange stripes. Then one day I found a mouse and his baby family living inside of it. It was very cute but it had to go. So I dumped them out onto my hand and put them on the nature trail next to my house. Later on that day I decided to pickl up a peancil and do some sketching of the trail and like how it looks. And I was going to try to figure out where the mouse would end up after a week. I soon enough at the end of the week went out to see if the mouse was were I thought he would be. Sure enought he was. And his family was bigger. They all crawled up my leg and I walked home with them in my palm. The End.

(akw)Stretch said...

Wow I am scared. Who is going to be the winner? I have no clue. I have 3 good stories. Well 2 at lest. LOL!!! Well, talk with you later.


ME